29 Mar Ways to Protect Yourself from STDs
ways to protect yourself from stds
There has always been an enraging debate on safe sex including what is safe sex or on how one can indulge in safe sex practices. However, the general notion about safe sex is having sex with only one partner who only has indulged in sexual activity with you and neither of you has sexually transmitted diseases or infections (STDs or STIs).
Though, there are a lot of contradictions for this notion to be true. Many doctors believe that there is no such thing exists as safe sex.
As most of the forms of sex have some minimal risk. Nevertheless, if we take some required precautions and safe behavior, we can minimize the chances of a person’s risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases.
Let’s discuss general notions about sex and some ways to protect yourself from STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases):
- Kissing is 100% safe: No. But on the contrary, disease such as herpes and others can be spread this way.
- Condoms are considered as the safest way to protect against STDs: It is true that to some extent condoms can prevent diseases like herpes, chlamydia, and gonorrhea, but still the risk persists. Well, we can’t guarantee you 100% of safety as nobody can. But we follow these guidelines, you can lessen the chances of STDs. Before putting these guidelines to you, let us assure you that these guidelines are not only based on studies, but also on the experiences with the patients.
- Always think twice before indulging with a new sex partner: First discuss his/her past partners, history of STDs, and please make sure that he/she doesn’t involve with any drug abuse. Always use condoms in any condition, sometimes, especially boys tend to ignore the importance of condoms during intercourse which cost them dearly. Here, the material is also important, like male condoms should be made of latex or polyurethane. A female condom should also be made of polyurethane. Please note that some people are allergic to latex condoms. During oral sex, please make sure that your partner wears a condom and or you are using a dental dam. Protection against STDs is quite important as it could spread the infection further into the reproductive tract and can even cause Infertility.
- Always go through the regular check-ups: Go for investigations like Pap tests, pelvic examinations, and frequent tests for STDs.
- Always look for the signs: You can always check signs including- signs of a sore, blister, rash, or discharge.
Well, these are the guidelines you can follow to have safe sex, and you don’t have to spend anything to follow these.
And if you still encounter some STDs despite following these guidelines, then visit Dr. Manu Rajput and Dr. Kanu Rajput of Sidri International Skin Hair & Sexology Clinic by booking your appointment here [mkdf_button size=”” type=”” text=”Book Appointment” custom_class=”” icon_pack=”font_awesome” fa_icon=”” link=”https://sidriinternational.in/appointment” target=”_self” color=”” hover_color=”” background_color=”” hover_background_color=”” border_color=”” hover_border_color=”” font_size=”” font_weight=”” margin=””].