BALANITIS: THE UNDERRATED PROBLEM, ITS CARE, CAUTIONS AND IMPORTANCE OF TREATMENT
Balanitis is an inflammation of the glans, or the head of the penis, due to infection or another cause. Balanitis can be uncomfortable and sometimes painful. It is a skin irritation which affects men and boys. Commonly it affects one in every 25 boys. Boys and men who are uncircumcised are generally at a higher risk of contracting balanitis.
It is more likely to happen if there is phimosis, a condition where the foreskin of the penis is too tight when boys reach the age of 5 years, the foreskin becomes easy to retract and the risk of balanitis falls. Women can also have balanitis as it is a term used to describe an inflammation of the clitoris but here in this article we will put a spotlight on the glans of Penis.
Balanitis occurs in both circumcised and uncircumcised men although balanitis has been found to occur in men who are not circumcised. Young boys generally are affected only if they have a very tight foreskin that is difficult to pull back.
Treatment of balanitis is necessary as it can make you uncomfortable in one of the most sensitive areas i.e. the end of a person’s penis and the loose flap of skin that covers the tip. Balanitis is not age restrictive as it can happen at any age.
Balanitis may not look very serious at the first instance but it is necessary to take proper treatment which clears the issue from the root cause so that there are no recurrences. Sidri International Skin Hair and Sexology Clinic provides the best Ayurvedic treatment for all sexual problems like Premature ejaculation, Erectile Dysfunction, Candidiasis, Tight Foreskin, Penile Yeast Infection, Sexually Transmitted Infections and Sexually Transmitted Diseases etc
CAUSES OF BALANITIS
Balanitis affects the glan or the head of the penis and it may root in for a number of causes like:
- If a person does not keep the genital area clean, they may be at a higher risk of contracting an infection.
- Using harsh chemical soaps can irritate the skin on your penis and which can in turn trigger balanitis.
- Uncontrolled diabetes is also a cause for balanitis.
- Drugs prescribed to cure diabetes like dapagliflozin can also cause the problem of balanitis.
- Balanitis can also be caused because of bacteria.
- Balanitis can also be caused due to reactive arthritis.
- Poor hygiene can contribute to sweat, dirt and bacteria getting accumulated under the foreskin and can result in balanitis.
- Allergies to certain chemicals can cause balanitis
- Infection with Candida Albicans is the most common cause of balanitis
- Sexually transmitted infections like Herpes simplex virus, syphilis can also be contributors of balanitis
- Chemicals used in condoms can also cause irritation and balanitis
- Balanitis can also be caused due to skin conditions like lichen planus, Eczema, Psoriasis, dermatitis.
- Children fiddling with their foreskin
After reading about so many causes one may get confused about how exactly should the problem be diagnosed, but here you must always remember that trying self medication may affect your masculinity in an adverse manner. So it is always better to go by the expert advice. Sidri International Skin Hair and Sexology Clinic is the among the top best sexology clinics not only in Delhi NCR, also in India. Sidri International Skin Hair and Sexology Clinic has been known to be one of the most renowned clinics for solving sexual problems for both men and women. It has been providing excellent services and the patients are satisfied with their treatment and the method of counseling done by the expert Sexologist, Dr. Manu Rajput and Dr. Kanu Rajput.
SYMPTOMS OF BALANITIS
- Tight, shiny skin on the glans,
- Redness around the glans
- Inflammation, soreness, itchiness or irritation of the glans
- A thick, lumpy discharge under the foreskin
- An unpleasant smell
- Tight foreskin that cannot be pulled back
- Painful urination
- Swollen glands near the penis
- Sores on the glans
- Soreness, irritation and discharge may occur under the foreskin 2 to 3 days after sexual intercourse
- Pain while peeing
- A smegma can be discovered if the penis is not regularly washed.
TYPES OF BALANITIS
There are basically three types of balanitis
- Zoon’s Balanitis: this type generally affects the middle aged men who have not been circumcised. In this type of balanitis one may face inflammation on the head of the penis.
- Circinate balanitis: normally occurs as a consequence of reactive arthritis
- Pseudoepitheliomatous Keratotic and Micaceous balanitis: characterized by scaly, wart-like skin lesions on the head of the penis.
Balanitis is easy to treat but it may also have a few complications, which can be:
- Scarring of the opening of penis
- Inadequate blood supply to the penis
- Retracting the foreskin may be painful
It is very unfortunate that due to lack of knowledge, people tend to underestimate the problem of balanitis, which is again a misery for many people. But at Sidri International Skin Hair and Sexology Clinic the counseling sessions and patient-doctor relationship is a complete trusteeship relation, where confidentiality is maintained with adequate and proper services
DIAGNOSIS OF BALANITIS
People are generally when it comes to sexual problems and their diagnosis but one must know that sexual problems should be dealt with utmost care and with the help of the most excellent doctors. Balanitis can be easily diagnosed just by looking at the redness and inflammation near the penis.
The doctors may advise the patient on potential irritants and how to avoid them and practice good hygiene.
The doctor may also examine the skin for dermatitis or skin diseases that can involve the genital area. Diagnosis of balanitis or in that matter of fact may also include questioning by the doctor about symptoms, experience during sexual intercourse etc.
In certain cases the doctors can diagnose balanitis based on symptoms and sometimes he may perform some tests like:
- Serum glucose test (to test for diabetes)
- Lab tests of any discharge
- Tests to check for STDs
- Test for medical conditions that cause balanitis
Book Your Appointment Now at Sidri International Skin Hair & Sexology Clinic and get your sexual problems cured from one of the Best in India!
Preventions include hygiene tips which can help one to avoid the problem of balanitis
- Area should be washed thoroughly and gently with warm water
- Neutral soap shall be used in order to keep the area free from chemicals and the neutral soap shall also be rinsed off completely.
- Men who tend to develop balanitis after sex should wash their penis after sex.
- Using latex free condoms
- Practicing safe sex to avoid problems of STIs
HOW AYURVEDA HELPS IN CURING BALANITIS
Allopathic medicines may cure but there have been cases of recurrence of diseases, allopathic treatments basically try to hide all the flaws under temporary sheets of medicines but they fail to realize the long term effect of these chemicals on a person’s body. Ayurveda heals from within as it is natural and purely nature based.
Curing a disease with the help of allopathic medicine id like plucking the leaves of a tree whereas treatment ayurveda means directly reaching out to the roots and this is the only reason why ayurveda is considered to be safe.
Ayurveda is not only medicine but also about diet lifestyle and that is the logic because of which it is said that Ayurveda is said to heal the spirit with the body.
It has been quite known from ages that ayurveda has been well researched and is being taken up by western cultures to cure so many diseases
Sidri International Skin Hair and Sexology Clinic provides very basic ayurveda based medicines which help every patient to heal. The medicinal treatment given at Sidri International Skin Hair and Sexology Clinic by Dr. Manu Rajput and Dr. Kanu Rajput is completely based on individual patient’s needs.
At Sidri International Skin Hair and Sexology Clinic the tight foreskin is treated without circumcision with purely ayurvedic medication.
Hurry up book your appointment today and keep your life happy with problem free sex. Keep yourself and your partner happy. Get cured by the best!
35% of all men having Balanitis have problem of Phimosis / Tight Foreskin.
Antibiotics & Anti Fungal Medicines
55% of balanitis patients were tired of taking Antibiotics & Anti Fungal medicines and lastly preferred Ayurveda. They are more than Happy Now.
Ayurvedic Treatment is successful with 95% patients.